Wining and Dining > Restaurants, Cafes and Bars
Boyles Sutherland Hotel was the first hotel in Sutherland, built in the late 1800s and originally named the Railway Hotel. Later the hotel was renamed Boyles Sutherland Hotel after its owner Ted Boyle, who took over the hotel in 1901.
Ted Boyle was a civic minded person, who also built the National Hall opposite the hotel where dances and other social events were held. This building became Sutherland’s first picture theatre and it was leased to Marshall’s Pictures in 1927. The roof of this building is currently standing and covers offices and restaurants.